Healthy Children RFP
|2021-01||GRANT||3/24/2021||4/27/2021 5:00 PM|
|#||Type||Date||Due Date||Time Remaining|
All eligible applicant organizations seeking to enter the Request for Proposal process of the Children’s Services Council of Martin County’s (CSCMC) Annual Funding Cycle (October 1, 2021 – September 30, 2022) for the Healthy Children Funding Priority Area only.
Eligible organizations may apply as follows:
- Those proposing a Martin County-based program not currently funded by CSCMC.
- All organizations with program currently funded by CSCMC under the Healthy Children funding priority with intent to propose continued, revised or expanded requests must submit an online application within this competitive funding cycle. (CSCMC Policy 1.2a)
NOTE: The CSCMC 2021-2022 Healthy Children application process is a competitive process. Applications that propose programs, models of care, curricula, interventions, etc., that are research-proven / evidence-based and that offer meaningful improvement as measured through validated instruments, data-driven results, etc., may rank higher within the competitive 2021-2022 CSCMC Healthy Children Request for Proposals (RFP) process.
In considering an application, determine if the proposed program aligns with the 2021-2026 Strategic Plan and is consistent with the 2021-2026 CSCMC Healthy Children Strategic Investments.
(For the complete 2021-2026 CSCMC Strategic Plan, refer to the CSCMC website under menu heading 'About CSCMC'/Strategic Plan.)
|Release Date||3/24/2021 9:00 AM|
|Deadline to Submit Questions||4/27/2021 4:55 PM|
|Application Deadline||4/27/2021 5:00 PM|
|Selection Announcement||8/23/2021 3:00 PM|
- In the application it asks for the total dollar amount for this application. Would this amount be for the entire 5 years or just the annual amount requested? Also, once an annual amount is established for this RFP that amount will be the max funded for each of the 5 years, correct?
- The amount requested should be for one year, which is October 1, 2021- September 30, 2022. In previous years, continuing contracts were issued for multiple years if programs were in good standing, but there is no guarantee of 5 years of funding without Council Action. Likewise, any increase beyond the initial funding allocation would need to be approved through Council Action.
- Is it possible to go to the budget section of the application and enter that information without the rest of the application being done?
- Yes! You can jump from section to section with no problem. Remember to click NEXT to save your work from that section. You do not need to work from top to bottom of the application. Feel free to navigate to the sections you are ready to work on.
- Am I able to change the title of the program on the application?
- Unfortunately, you cannot change the title of the application once you have determined the title during the Pre-Application prompts.
- If we develop an outcome measure based on research that is linked, but the measure itself is not linked to a specific evidence- or research-based tool, is that ok? E.g., Increasing classroom practices is linked with a decrease in suspension and expulsion.
- If not associated with a validated instrument/measurement tool, collected data that represents your participants' positive gains may be proposed, and is strengthened by a link to research as an associated, correlated or proven result of proposed practices, as you stated. Your data may also be aligned with a comparative standard established by a model of care, best practices, industry standard or benchmark - against which you propose your data (results) will meet/replicate, or exceed. Thank you for this question!
- In the past manual performance measures were used. Is the "Measurements" section where you add those?
- Yes, it is preferable to use the Measurements section to include Manual Performance Measures (MPMs). In doing so, the use of the 'Target Percentage' column may be handled a bit differently, if the MPM has a target set based upon a specific number to be served or a set number of activities to be delivered, instead of a percentage set of the total participants projected to reach positive/maximum gain. For example, if there is an MPM to serve 'X' sites, to provide 'X' # of trainings, for example, and/or to have 'X' # of attendees or participants, etc., then please set the Target Percentage as 100%. This will satisfy the Target Percentage as a required entry within the Measurement grid. Thank you for this question!
- Can more than one person access the application?
- Yes! You can set up Authorized Users for the application at the beginning of the application process or add more users to the application at any time. Not only will all the authorized users have access to the application, but all users can potentially be working within the application at the same time. The only complication is when more than one user is modifying the SAME section. You can avoid any issues with not saving your work by noticing whether the another authorized user is working on the same section; you will see the other user's name at the bottom of the screen on those occasions. Just work on a different section and come back to that section later.
- If we currently have multiple programs funded, should we consolidate all programs onto one application?
- If you currently have more than one contract funded by CSCMC under the Healthy Children priority area and wish to apply for funding to continue, enhance or expand the currently funded programs, please submit separate applications for each. CSCMC will determine whether combining contracts or keeping them separate is best after the application review process and funding decisions are completed.